Chive Flavored Butter

About midway through Spring, I divided my chives. Right about the time they flowered, I cut them all off at ground level, and saved them while I divided the chives.

My Chives early in Spring!
With the flowering chives, I decided to make a chive butter.
I used Organic unsalted butter.
Use softened butter.
Mise en place.
 Have everything ready to go before you begin.
Kosher salt.


Mix it all together.

I used one stick unsalted butter, with one teaspoon Kosher salt, and 1/4 Cup minced chives. Once you have everything gathered and prepped, combine everything in a small bowl and mash it with a fork.

Spread it on a sheet of plastic wrap, and roll it into a tube. Set it in the freezer to set up. It will keep in the freezer for 3 months.

To use it cut off the amount needed and allow to thaw.

It can be used on potatoes, or to thicken up noodle dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment