Basil Pesto: Favorite Accompaniment of Summer

As an avid herb gardener, I have to find ways to use my herbs on a regular basis.

For me this summer, it was basil; and my go to recipe for basil is pesto.

I had so much basil this year that I had to make a double batch of the green goddess sauce.

You can use pesto as a dressing for pasta or as a spread to use on bread for sandwiches.

I'd love to hear how you use pesto in your home.

Here's how I made it: Single batch
Basil, 4 cups
Garlic, 2 cloves
Parmesan cheese, 1/2 Cup
Roasted Almonds, 1/2 Cup
EVOO, Enough to pull sauce together, plus enough to coat so basil doesn't brown.

Throw your basil into a food processor with the cheese. garlic and nuts, and rough chop it. When it is fully minced, stream the olive oil into the food processor until it is well combined. It should take about 1 Cup of olive oil.

Like I said, I had made it twice within one week; and my favorite way to use Basil Pesto is to toss it with Linguine and top with more Parmesano Regiano, and a nice crusty bread, topped with EVOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment